Here's a version of Chinese fried rice that even beginning home cooks will find easy to prepare. If you have leftover rice, you can skip the first step; otherwise, be sure to drain the rice very well after cooking. The secret to all fried rice is the egg that's cooked like an omelet and then cut into small pieces, and of course the rice, which here is combined with ham, corn, and peas and simply seasoned with salt.
- 300 medium-grain rice
- 50 sweet corn (grs of, canned)
- 50 ham
- 50 peas (grs previously cooked)
- 1 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 knobs butter
- salt (to taste)
- Cook the rice in boiling water, drain, rinse and drain again.
- Beat the egg with a pinch of salt and a tablespoon of milk.
- Heat a large frying pan with a knob of butter.
- Fry the egg as if in an omelet.
- Remove from the pan and dice.
- Put another knob of butter to the same pan, add the rice, the diced ham, sweet corn, peas, egg and seasoning salt.
- Wrap it up and heat it well.
- Its ready to serve.