- 2 bone-in ribeye (rib) pork chops (3/4-inch thick, 7-9 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil (plus 1 teaspoon)
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons oregano leaves (Greek dry, OR Mediterranean dry oregano)
- 1/2 tablespoon ground fennel seed
- 1/4 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/8 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 baby eggplants (6 - 7 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place pork chops in a medium resealable plastic bag. Combine lemon juice,
- 2 tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, the coriander, dried oregano, ground fennel, salt and pepper in small bowl. Pour marinade over pork in bag; close bag. Turn bag to evenly coat pork with marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator overnight, turning bag occasionally.
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in grill. Remove pork from marinade; discard marinade in bag. Drizzle remaining 1 teaspoon oil over both sides of pork chops. Grill chops, uncovered, over direct heat for 8-9 minutes or until temperature reaches 145 degrees F., turning chops over halfway during grilling. Transfer chops to a cutting board. Loosely cover with foil; let rest for 5 minutes. Serve with Grilled Baby Eggplant. Garnish with remaining 1 tablespoon fresh oregano.
- About 20 minutes before grilling eggplant, use the tines of a fork to score the skin of the eggplant from stem to bottom, then cut each into quarters. Place eggplant in medium resealable plastic bag. Combine oil, lemon juice, wine, ground fennel, salt and pepper in small bowl. Pour mixture over eggplant in bag; close bag. Turn bag to evenly coat eggplant with marinade. Marinate at room temperature about 15 minutes.
- While pork chops are grilling, grill eggplant; cut sides down, over direct heat for 4-6 minutes or until fork tender, turning eggplant pieces over halfway during grilling.
- Remove to plate and serve at room temperature with pork chops.