Chargrilled Pork Chop with Oregano and Grilled Baby EggplantPORK
Recipe courtesy of Sanford D'Amato of Sanford’s Restaurant, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 2 bone-in ribeye (rib) pork chops (3/4-inch thick, 7-9 ounces each)
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil (plus 1 teaspoon)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh oregano leaves
- 1 Tbsp. ground coriander
- 2 tsp. oregano leaves (Greek dry, OR Mediterranean dry oregano)
- 1/2 Tbsp. ground fennel seed
- 1/4 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 1/8 Tbsp. black pepper
- 2 baby eggplants (6 - 7 ounces each)
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. dry white wine
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground fennel seed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- For Pork: Place pork chops in a medium resealable plastic bag. Combine 3 Tbs lemon juice, 2 tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, 1 Tbs coriander, 2 tsp dried oregano, 1/2 Tbs ground fennel, 1/4 Tbs salt and 1/8 Tbs pepper in small bowl.
- Pour marinade over pork in bag; close bag. Turn bag to evenly coat pork with marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator overnight, turning bag occasionally.
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in grill. Remove pork from marinade; discard marinade in bag. Drizzle remaining 1 teaspoon oil over both sides of pork chops. Grill chops, uncovered, over direct heat for 8-9 minutes or until temperature reaches 145 degrees F., turning chops over halfway during grilling. Transfer chops to a cutting board. Loosely cover with foil; let rest for 5 minutes. Serve with Grilled Baby Eggplant (instructions follow). Garnish with remaining 1 tablespoon fresh oregano.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories390Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes