- 1 bunch leaves (Swiss chard, stalk removed, sliced finely)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (small, peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dill (chopped)
- 1/3 cup pine nuts (toasted)
- 7 ounces feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 13 ounces pastry (fillo, thawed)
- 1 stick butter (melted)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic, stirring, for 5 mins, or until soft and translucent.
- Add the chard and lemon juice and cook for 3 mins, until the chard has wilted. Remove from the heat. Remove the garlic clove and leave to cool.
- Stir in the dill, pine nuts, feta and nutmeg and season to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment.
- Lay the fillo pastry flat and cut lengthwise into two strips, about 4 1/2-inches wide. Take a strip of filo pastry, brush the surface with melted butter and place another strip on top.
- Place a heaped tablespoon of the mixture on the bottom left-hand corner. Fold the right-hand corner over to enclose the filling, to form a triangle and continue until the pastry has folded around the filling several times. Brush the last corner with melted butter to seal. Brush the top of the triangle and place on the tray. Continue with the remaining mixture and pastry.
- Bake for 15 mins, or until crisp and lightly golden in color. Serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories100Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.