- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 4 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup crystalized ginger
- 2 cups carrots (grated)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 tablespoon cardamom
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place cream cheese, butter and half and half in blender. Add confectioners sugar 1 cup at a time on speed 4 (puree) scraping down sides, if needed. Add crystallized ginger and pulse on speed 2 (chop) 6-7 times. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- Mix carrots, sugars, eggs and oil in bowl of KA Stand Mixer. Blend on setting 3 for 1 minute.
- Combine dry ingredients in medium bowl. whisk to combine. Add to carrot mixture and mix on setting 3 for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan and bake 40-45 minutes until tester comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool before icing.
- Ice cake and serve immediately. Can be made ahead and stored in refrigerator 6 hours.