Celery Veloute with Apples, Toasted Hazelnuts, and BaconOn dine chez Nanou
We are obsessed with this Celery Veloute with Apples, Toasted Hazelnuts, and Bacon recipe. Try this recipe out for a BBQ with friends and family. Or this can by a great recipe to cook for the kids lunchboxes. Let us know how you liked our Celery Veloute with Apples, Toasted Hazelnuts, and Bacon recipe in the comments below. You can also give this recipe a star rating so others can follow along. Happy Cooking!
- 1 celery root (large)
- 2 apples (pink lady)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 liter chicken stock
- heavy cream (20 cl.)
- 15 grams butter
- 30 grams hazelnuts
- 6 slices bacon
- 1Peel the celeriac and 1 apple. Cut them into large cubes.
- 2In a saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil, add the diced celeriac and apple, and brown them.
- 3Add the broth, check the seasoning, and cover before cooking for 25 minutes.
- 4Mix in the blender, gradually adding cooking liquid to achieve the desired texture.
- 5Add the cream (more or less depending on your taste) and continue blending.
- 6Peel the other apple and cut it into small cubes.
- 7Roast the hazelnuts in a pan,. Put them aside in a small bowl.
- 8Heat the 15 grams of butter and fry the apple cubes.
- 9Fry the bacon slices to a crisp in another pan and place them on a paper towel to absorb excess fat. Cut them in 5 parts.
- 10Distribute the soup on 4 plates, then top with hazelnuts, diced apples and bacon.
PER SERVING *
|Calories500Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.