Caxambu Broas (Corn Bread)As receitas lá de casa
Cornmeal adds a bit of welcome taste and texture to these scones, which are spiced with ground cinnamon and fennel seeds, which contribute a wonderful licorice flavor. Be sure not to overmix the dough, stirring in the milk at the end just until combined and is no longer tacky and you can easily roll it into small balls with the palms of your hands. They are equally good warm from the oven or at room temperature.
- 300 grams sugar
- 180 grams butter
- 1 eggs
- 300 grams wheat flour
- 300 grams corn flour
- 15 grams baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fennel
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 200 milliliters milk
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- 2In a bowl, mix sugar and butter until smooth and creamy.
- 3Add 1 egg and stir well. Gradually add remaining ingredients, except milk.
- 4Add milk, a little a time, until dough can be shaped.
- 5With two teaspoons, scoop small portions and roll into balls with hands.
- 6Grease a baking sheet. Arrange the corn bread on tray with space between each portion.
- 7Brush corn bread tops with egg yolk.
- 8Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes, or until done.