Cauliflower, Sweet Potato, and Safflower RisottoAnanás e Hortelã
- 1 sweet potatoes (medium, with a white pulp, sliced)
- 1 cauliflower (small, small pieces)
- fresh thyme (to taste)
- fresh rosemary (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- olive oil
- 1 onions (small, minced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon safflower
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- vegetable broth (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons semi-hard cheese (grated)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 F.
- 2Place the sweet potatoes and cauliflower on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- 3Sprinkle with a little salt, thyme and rosemary to taste, and a little olive oil.
- 4Place in oven and bake until tender.
- 5In a medium saucepan, fry the onion and garlic with the olive oil and saffron, stirring occasionally.
- 6In another pan, bring the vegetable broth to a gentle simmer.
- 7When the onion is translucent, add the rice and stir, mixing well with the saffron.
- 8Add the wine and simmer until it evaporates.
- 9Add 2 ladles of broth and stir as the rice cooks and soaks up the broth.
- 10Add broth as necessary, stirring the rice constantly.
- 11Remove the vegetables from the oven.
- 12Set half of the cauliflower aside.
- 13Grind the remaining cauliflower and the sweet potato to a puree.
- 14When the risotto is almost done, add the puree.
- 15Mix well and cook for another 2 minutes.
- 16Grate the cheese
- 17Add the reserved sprigs of cauliflower.
- 18At the end of cooking, turn off the heat, and add the grated cheese.
- 19Mix until smooth.
- 20Sprinkle with more cheese if desired and fresh thyme.
- 21Serve immediately.