- 130 grams orange lentils
- 80 grams ginger (piece of)
- 6 garlic cloves
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 head cauliflower (cut into small florets)
- 1 sweet potato (about 280g/10oz, cubed)
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 onion (large, chopped)
- 2 red chiles (to taste, seeds removed and minced)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mild curry powder
- 1 1/2 cans coconut milk (or 1 14 oz/400 ml can plus 1 5.6oz/165 ml can*)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 cloves
- 1 handful fresh curry leaves
- 4 plum tomatoes (large, quartered and then cut in chunks)
- 1 bunch cilantro (coriander, coarsely chopped)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 can coconut milk (you can use the remaining milk in a smoothie the next morning)
|Calories890Calories from Fat730|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat730|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
julia c. 13 Dec 2018
Great! Loved the flavors of the lentils and sweet potato together. Held back on the spice, but next time I won't.
SandyValdi1 . 12 Dec 2018
My husband loves this dish. It’s so easy and so delicious. I’ve replaced the potatoes with carrots and added mushrooms.
Lovern Tuazon 27 Nov 2018
Great fast curry but I would double salt for my taste
Rado 22 Oct 2018
My first curry and it was delicious! Straight forward directions although my pot was not nearly large enough so I had to split the final product in two pots. I would recommend a jumbo sized pot with a lid. So freakin tasty!!
Joan Ellen Marie M. 15 Oct 2018
I basically cooked all the ingredients together, ie..nothing seperately prepared as per the recipie; I used a can of tomatoes instead of fresh, colantro spice instead of leaves and no ginger. I just simmered everything until vegetables were soft. It turned out great!