Some would say that the perfect side dish to any hearty meal includes cheese. Bacon is good too. And a vegetable of course. With this Cauliflower with Bacon and Cottage Cheese Gratin offers all kinds of gooey and cheesy goodness it just might end up being the main dish. This decadent side dish is only 230 calories per serving, and combines cauliflower with bacon, spinach, cottage chest, can corn, Bechamel Sauce, nutmeg, and mozzarella cheese.
- 1 cauliflower
- olive oil
- 1 onion
- bacon (cubed)
- spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cottage cheese
- salt (to taste)
- 1 package sauce (white, or Bechamel Sauce)
- 1 can corn
- mozzarella cheese
- Ahead of time, put the cauliflower in a bowl with cold water, vinegar, and baking soda to clean throughly. Wash again, under the tap, and place it whole in a pan.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- In a saucepan, cover the cabbage with water, and season with a little bit of salt.
- Cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat, drain well, and set aside.
- In a skillet, saute an onion in thin slices until translucent, add the bacon, and saute a little bit more.
- Add a few sprigs of spinach, and mix well.
- Once they are softened, turn off the heat.
- Place the entire head cauliflower in a baking pan.
- Between each cauliflower sprig, add bacon, spinach, sprinkle with a little oil, and cottage cheese. Pour the white sauce on top. Sprinkle on corn, and grated cheese.
- Bake to gratin.
PER SERVING *
|Calories230Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.