Cauliflower is a crunchy, tasty vegetable that is packed with nutrients. While this recipe may take time to make, it only has 210 calories per serving and will provide a flavorful punch of healthy goodness. The recipe combines cauliflower florets with sweet red and green bell pepper, as well as other fresh vegetables, and other savory ingredients for a decadent dish. It is a picked pleasure for the palate. Enjoy!
- 0.5 kilograms cauliflower (separated into florets)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (seeded and cut into long strips)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (seeded and cut into long strips)
- 1/3 cup raisins
- jalapeno chilies (chopped)
- 1 onions (small, peeled and minced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add salt and cauliflower.
- Cook the cauliflower until soft. Drain the cauliflower and add to a bowl of cold water.
- Repeat this process with the bell peppers, make sure to cook them for about 5 minutes.
- Drain the vegetables and add them to a large bowl.
- Add the raisins, jalapenos, and onions. Set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a skillet and heat on medium heat. Saute the garlic in a pan for 10 minutes, making sure that the garlic does not become brown.
- Add the vinegar, sugar, and peppercorns, cook until the mixture begins to boil.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, allow it to cook for 1 minute. Add the oregano and thyme.
- Pour the liquid onto the vegetables in the bowl.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories210Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.