- 1/2 head cauliflower (trimmed, cut into florets)
- 1 head broccoli (trimmed, cut into florets)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 ounces cheddar (grated)
- 1 1/2 ounces parmesan (grated)
- 1/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8 x 12 inch casserole dish.
- Place the cauliflower and broccoli into a large saucepan. Cover with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 6-8 mins until the vegetables are tender. Drain well and arrange in the prepared dish.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce: Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Blend in the flour and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 1 min, making sure the mixture does not brown. Remove from heat and gradually blend in the milk until smooth. Return to high heat and cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce boils and thickens. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 3 mins. Season to taste.
- Mix the grated cheeses with the breadcrumbs in a bowl. Pour the sauce over the vegetables and sprinkle with the combined cheeses and breadcrumbs. Bake for 25-30 mins, until bubbling and golden.
PER SERVING *
|Calories270Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Smart 7 Nov
Yum, yum, yum, yum, yum
solange 20 Sep
Perfect! Easy to make and kids loved it
Dani W. 3 Feb 2016
This was a very good side dish. I tried something new the second time I made it , I added some grilled chicken cut into pieces and mixed in. Made a wonderful casserole the whole family enjoyed.