Whether you're looking to steal the show at a party with a vegetarian recipe, or just trying to add more veg into your life, these meaty, bold and spicy cauliflower kebabs are your answer. They shine with spiced notes of ginger, coriander, garam mas…
la, and paprika, and melt in your mouth with a satisfying bite. And drama with a sweet and spicy Mango chutney that packs some heat!
- cauliflower (I large, slice stem and break away equal size florets)
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt (0% fat is fine)
- 2 tablespoons coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon Garam Masala
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 3 inches ginger (piece of, peeled and pureed)
- 6 cloves garlic (peeled and pureed)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil (high heat)
- 1 lime juiced (small)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 pods cardamom (optional)
- 1 pinch salt
- Fill large pot 3/4 of the way with water and bring to boil. Blanch the Cauliflower for 3-5 minutes. Remove and transfer immediately to an ice bath.
- Bring a small saucepan to medium high heat. Add all of the Mango Chutney ingredients and let it simmer away till you have a syrupy consistency. Stir every 5 minutes. Once done, strain the liquid into a bowl and discard remaining spices.
- In the meantime, combine all of the marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Pat dry the Cauliflower with paper towel and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Pour the marinade over the Cauliflower and mix really well. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Gently slide Cauliflower on some pre-soaked bamboo skewers leaving a little gap between each piece. Place on an foil-lined tray.
- Grill for 20 minutes. Turn and baste the skewers with the marinade half way through. Add more oil to the sheet if needed.
- Drizzle kebabs with mango chutney and garnish with cilantro and lime juice.
- Enjoy as a snack and dip or on a flatbread/wrap.
|Calories250Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.