Get your daily serving of vegetables in the most savory way possible with this recipe for Cauliflower Fritters. Diced and added to a flour and egg herb mixture of onion, garlic, cumin, turmeric, and parsley, the cauliflower provides this dish with a tender savoriness. Fry the Cauliflower Fritters in oil until golden and crispy on both sides. A vegetarian dish, you can also make these fritters gluten free by using cornmeal or chickpea flour instead of regular flour.
- 300 grams cauliflower
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 garlic clove (crushed into a paste with mortar and pestle)
- 150 grams flour (or cornmeal or chickpea flour)
- 1 onion (medium, peeled and chopped)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons parsley (diced)
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns (lightly crushed)
- olive oil
- Cut the cauliflower in florets and steam them. Drain well and set aside.
- In a blender, blend together the eggs, garlic, and flour.
- Add to the blender the onion, cumin, cinnamon, turmeric, salt, parsley, and peppercorns. Pulse together.
- Dice the cooked cauliflower, and mix it with the blended items.
- Add the oil to a skillet on medium heat.
- Drop spoonfuls of the cauliflower mixture into the oil to fry. Flip so they get golden on both sides. Drain onto paper towels and serve hot.
|Calories290Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.