This keto-friendly Cauliflower Dirty Rice will transport you straight to the Big Easy. With the bold Cajun flavors of the traditional recipe, including Cajun seasoning, diced bell pepper, and plenty of garlic, this rendition goes with steamed cauliflower instead of rice, which makes it low-carb. Cooks with Soul uses ground pork for the meat, but feel free to swap it for another protein such as chicken livers or ground beef. You can serve the dish as a side or a main course. As for the Cajun seasoning, Cooks with Soul uses their The Boot seasoning, available on their website, but you can go with any favorite brand (the amount called for here creates a mild to medium spicy dish). The recipe is a Yummly original created by Krysten and Marrekus Wilkes of Cooks with Soul.
- 1 head cauliflower (large, about 2 pounds)
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth (approximately)
- 2 1/2 cups water (approximately)
- 1 Tbsp. grapeseed oil (or other neutral oil)
- 1 green bell pepper (seeded and diced)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 2 tsp. cajun seasoning mix
- 1 tsp. salt (plus more to taste)
- chopped fresh parsley
- Cut large portion of stem from cauliflower. Cut head into wide slices and break off into florets.
- Fill a large pot with 1 inch of equal parts chicken broth and water (about 2 1/2 cups of each for a 6-quart pot). Set a steamer basket in place.
- Add cauliflower to steamer basket. Cover and bring to a boil. Steam over boiling liquid until cauliflower is slightly tender and can be pierced with a fork, 15-20 minutes.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories270Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes