- 1/2 roll (bread, day-old)
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 10 ounces ground beef
- 1/2 onion (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 pound new potatoes (peeled and halved)
- 1 cauliflower (small, cut into florets)
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
- 1 bunch chives
- Tear up the bread roll and soak it in the milk. In another bowl, mix together the ground beef, onion, egg yolk, and bread. Season to taste and make 12 meatballs. Keep them cool in the fridge.
- Cook the potatoes for 20-25 mins in boiling salted water. In a separate pot, cook the cauliflower with the bay leaves in about 6 cups of boiling salted water for 6-8 mins. Remove the cauliflower and bay leaves and reserve 2 cups of cauliflower water.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tbsp of butter in a saucepan. Add the flour and bouillon then pour in cauliflower water and simmer for about 3 mins while stirring. Add the capers, cauliflower and cream and simmer for another 3 mins. Add the nutmeg, season to taste and keep warm.
- Heat 2 tbsp butter in a large pan and cook the meatballs for about 8 mins, or until cooked through. Drain the potatoes and toss them gently in 1 tbsp of butter.
- Serve the meatballs with the potatoes and cauliflower, sprinkled with chives.
|Calories650Calories from Fat420|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat420|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.