- 16 ounces black eyed peas ( seasoned or unseasoned, rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup plum tomato (chopped, about 1 cup)
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup Hellmann's or Best Foods Real Mayonnaise (for salsa)
- 1/2 teaspoon green pepper sauce (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (divided)
- 1 pound catfish fillets
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup Hellmann's or Best Foods Real Mayonnaise (for fish)
- For Black Eyed Pea Salsa, combine peas, tomato, corn, onion, green pepper sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/3 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise in medium bowl. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Brush catfish with remaining 1/4 cup Mayonnaise, then coat with flour combined with remaining 1 teaspoon salt.
- Heat olive oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook catfish, turning once, 6 minutes or until golden and catfish flake with fork. Serve with Black Eyed Pea Salsa.