Catfish Tacos with Spicy Red Cabbage SlawTia Mowry
I love a good taco, and this recipe combines delicious, fresh fish with crispy vegetables and bright, vibrant flavors. If you like, you can also serve these tacos with Tofu Sour Cream.
- 8 corn tortillas (or flour -- gluten-free if you use corn tortillas)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (plus 2 teaspoons)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice ((about 2 limes))
- sea salt
- 1/2 head red cabbage (small, thinly shredded)
- 1 serrano peppers (minced)
- 1 handful fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 14 ounces catfish fillets (preferably one whole fillet)
- freshly ground black pepper
- avocado (for topping, as desired)
- salsa (for topping, as desired)
- lime wedges (for topping, as desired)
- fresh cilantro (for topping, as desired)
- 1Preheat the oven to 250 ° F. Stack the tortillas in the center of a sheet of foil Wrap loosely to close. Place in the oven to heat while you prepare the fish and slaw. Alternatively, you can heat the tortillas on a grill just before you’re ready to serve the tacos.
- 2Prepare the slaw: In a medium bowl, whisk 1⁄4 of the olive oil and the lime juice until well-combined. Season with salt. Add the cabbage, serrano pepper, and cilantro; toss until fully coated. Let sit at room temperature while you cook the fish.
- 3Season the fillet with salt and pepper.
- 4In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Carefully place the fish in the pan. Cook, undisturbed, until lightly golden on the underside, 6 to 7 minutes. Turn the fish over and continue cooking until lightly golden and opaque in the center, 6 to 7 minutes more depending on thickness.
- 5To serve, arrange the catfish, slaw, ad desired toppings on a large platter. Serve family style, letting everyone assemble their own tacos.
PER SERVING *
|Calories430Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.