Finding the perfect fish recipe can be overwhelming. This Catfish Curry with Basmati Rice will tantalize the taste buds with its robust and aromatic flavors. It takes 45 minutes to prepare, so feel free to gather the ingredients for a decadent and creamy week night dinner. The curry aromas and flavors are mouthwatering, and the basmati rice is perfect for a base. Use real Indian saffron in this recipe for the right results.
- 1 onion (large, chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- olive oil (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons indian saffron
- 1 teaspoon ground black peper
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander (grains)
- 4 tomatoes (small, . chopped)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 catfish fillets (cut in pieces)
- 100 milliliters coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander (chopped)
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups water
- salt (to taste)
- arugula (for decorating)
- In a pan, saute the onion and garlic in olive oil.
- Add the coriander powder, dried parsley, cumin, Indian saffron, pepper, fennel seeds, and coriander grains.
- Mix for 1 minute to release the flavors. If mixture is too dry, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water.
- Add tomatoes and the tomato paste, and cook covered mixture reduces in volume, and mixture is soft.
- Add the fish, seasoned with salt, and when it starts to get an opaque color, add the coconut milk. Cover the pot to create steam, and create a sauce. Simmer until fish is cooked.
- Remove from heat, and add the fresh coriander.
- For basmati rice, add 1 cup of rice and 2 cups of hot water to a pan, cover, and cook over medium heat, until all the water is absorbed and holes are formed.
- Turn off the heat, add a drizzle of olive oil (optional), and separate the grains with a fork.
- Serve the curry hot, garnished with arugula, and accompanied with the rice.
PER SERVING *
|Calories730Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.