- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion (peeled and finely chopped)
- 150 grams chicken breast (finely diced)
- 400 grams beef mince
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 2 sprigs fresh flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 16 cannelloni (tubes fresh)
- 30 grams butter
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 500 milliliters semi-skimmed milk
- 100 grams cheddar (grated)
- grated nutmeg
- 2 tomatoes (deseeded and diced)
- 40 grams cooked ham (diced)
- fresh herbs (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease an ovenproof serving dish. Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onion, chicken and ground beef over high heat for 4 mins. Add the sherry and season. Stir in the parsley and breadcrumbs. Fill the cannelloni with the mixture.
- For the béchamel sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan, add the flour and cook for 2 mins, stirring. Gradually pour in the milk, stirring constantly, and bring to a boil, still stirring. Add 1/2 of the cheese and stir until melted. Season with salt, black pepper and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Spread 1/2 the béchamel sauce in the dish and top with the cannelloni. Sprinkle the tomatoes and ham overtop then cover with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake for 40 mins. Garnish with fresh herbs.