Holidays only come around once a year, so why not make some tasty treats that will show off your culinary skills and leave your friends in awe of your abilities. This recipe for Cat's Tongues is a sweet and light treat for your taste buds. These cookies, while they sounds ingeresting, are light and crisp confections that pair perfectly with a cup of coffee or tea. Why not add a new holiday to your week, and make some of these delicious treats?
- 125 grams butter
- 125 sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- 135 grams egg whites
- 100 grams flour
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Melt the butter on low heat.
- Mix the sugar and vanilla sugar.
- Add butter and stir until you obtain a cream.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Add the previous mixture and gently fold to combine.
- Put the dough in a pastry bag and squeeze out well-spaced 6 centimeter lines shaped like a cat's tongues .
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool, and store in an airtight container.