Cassis liqueur has a distinctive flavor that makes it a favorite among mixologists. Here it is mixed either with rum or with soda, such as Seven Up (or you could try it with lemon-lime seltzer). And here's another tip: Dip the rim of the glass in water to moisten, or rub with a lemon or lime wedge, and then dip it into coarse or brown sugar to coat, so you get a little sugar as you sip the drink.
- 1 tablespoon rum (per glass)
- 1 tablespoon seven up (per glass)
- cassis liqueur (as needed)
- sugar (as needed)
- For those who enjoy alcoholic beverages use the rum, but if you're like me, use seven-up which is pretty good.
- You may also dip the tip of the glass in a little bit of water and then in sugar if you are a sweet-tooth, again, like me.
- Combine all ingredients in glasses.