Lori Beach of Maple Grove brings a little of the Islands to the grill with this first place recipe from the Minnesota State Fair.
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 12 ounces marinade sauce (Caribbean Jerk)
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup green onion (chopped)
- sesame seeds
- nonstick cooking spray
- Place tenderloin in a plastic bag. Pour 1 cup marinade sauce over pork. Seal, refrigerate and marinate overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to 350 degrees F. Spray grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Grill tenderloin over indirect heat until pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. (20-27 minutes), turning once or twice. Cover and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
- Slice into thin, bite-sized pieces. Serve on hot cooked rice and top with remaining marinade sauce, cashews, chopped green onion and sesame seeds to taste.