Carrots in Sweet Spices and Raisin SauceOn dine chez Nanou
Side dishes can make or break a meal. If you don't have the right kind of delicious side to go with your meal, that can throw the whole meal off. This recipe for Carrots in Sweet Spices and Raisin Sauce is a decadent dish that combines sweet carrtos in a succulent sauce that will tantalize your taste buds. This dish is best served with a red meat main dish because the sweet flavors will meld well with the saltiness of the meat.
- 300 grams carrots
- 1 cinnamon sticks
- 1 star anise
- 1 lemon (zest)
- 40 grams brown sugar
- 50 milliliters dry white wine
- 60 grams raisins
- 1Wash and peel the carrots.
- 2Cut the carrots into 1/2 centimeter thick slices.
- 3In a saucepan over medium heat, add the cinnamon, star anise, lemon zest, and brown sugar and simmer for a few minutes.
- 4Add in the wine and cook to make a syrup.
- 5Add the carrots and reduce the heat.
- 6Stir in the raisins and put a lid on the pan.
- 7Cook for about 20 minutes.
- 8Stir occasionally, carrots should remain somewhat firm.
- 9Remove the cinnamon and anise before serving.
- 10Serve with a red meat.