Bursting with flavor, this cake includes the unique flavor combinations of carrot, pistachio, and coconut. This recipe is made with ground almonds instead of a flour for a unique texture and denseness that only almond flour can provide. Grated coconut and chopped pistachios add a level of texture and crunch to this moist cake. Cinnamon adds a burst of spice to each bite. Accompanied by a rose-scented cream, this cake is a decadent treat that only gets better as time progresses.
- 3 large eggs
- 200 grams sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 200 grams ground almonds
- 100 grams grated coconut
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 140 grams butter (softened)
- 2 carrots (peeled and grated)
- 100 grams pistachios (crushed plus a few more for garnish)
- powdered sugar (for garnish)
- 300 milliliters heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3 drops rose water
- Grease a 22 centimeter round cake pan and line with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs with the sugar and vanilla extract.
- Incorporate the ground almonds, grated coconut, and cinnamon.
- Add in the butter and mix well.
- Then mix in the carrots and pistachios.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake 1 hour. Check at 40 minutes to make sure the top is not browning too quickly. If that happens, grease a piece of aluminum foil and place it grease-side down on top of the cake.
- Let the cake sit at least 4 hours before eating it.
- Separately, whisk the heavy whipping cream into soft peaks. Add the powdered sugar and rose water and continue whisking into stiff peaks.
- Serve the cake garnished with powdered sugar and pistachios on top and the rose-scented cream on the side.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1400Calories from Fat1010|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat1010|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.