- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 1 onion (large, peeled and chopped)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (finely grated)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 oranges (; 1 juiced and with the rind cut into strips, 1 zested to garnish)
- cilantro sprigs (to garnish)
- In a large pot, heat the oil over a medium heat. Add the carrots, onions and ginger. Cover and cook for 10 mins, stirring occasionally, until the onion is tender.
- Add the stock, orange peel and orange juice, then bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer gently for 20-25 mins. Remove the orange peel.
- Using a hand blender, puree the mixture until smooth. Season to taste. Top with orange zest and cilantro sprigs to serve.
Caryn C. 15 Feb 2018
Great! I added a little sherry