Carrot, Kefir Multigrain BreadAnanás e Hortelã
Here's a whole grain bread that's chock full of seeds, too. It's made with an interesting mixture of barley flour, spelt flour, and wheat flour, plus you own preferred blend of seeds, including flax, sesame, poppy, amaranth, and quinoa (which is in fact a seed and not a grain, even though it's prepared as one), with more poppy seeds sprinkled on top. A bread machine makes fast work of prearing and baking the dough. .
- 200 milliliters warm water
- 150 milliliters kefir (or yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (or honey)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium carrot (grated)
- 150 grams barley flour
- 200 grams spelt flour
- 200 grams wheat flour (or whole spelt)
- 1 package dry yeast (7grams)
- 125 grams seeds (and grains, quinoa, amaranth, flax, sesame, poppy, buckwheat)
- poppy seeds (to garnish)
- 1Place all ingredients in a bread machine pan according to manufacturer's instructions.
- 2Set for dough cycle.
- 3On a floured work surface, knead the dough a bit.
- 4Place the dough in a lightly greased bread pan, brush with water and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- 5Cover with a clean cloth and let rise for 30 minutes.
- 6Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 7Bake loaf until toothpick insert comes out clean.