Carrot and Coconut CakeAs receitas lá de casa
Carrot cake plus coconut cake equals this doubly delicious dessert, which is run through with grated carrots and shredded coconut, for delightful chewy contrast to the tender cake. Yogurt and oil are what contribute to the softer crumb, while beaten egg whites help give the cake a lofter crumb. This is the kind of cake you can enjoy with your afternoon cup of tea or as an after dinner dessert.
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 natural yogurt
- 1 cup oil
- 1/2 package grated coconut
- 5 medium carrot (grated)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- margarine (for greasing)
- 1Preheat oven to 250°C (approximately 480°F).
- 2Whisk egg yolks with the sugar.
- 3Add yogurt and oil and mix well.
- 4Add the coconut and carrot and mix again.
- 5Add flour and baking powder.
- 6Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- 7Gently fold egg whites into the batter.
- 8Grease cake pan with margarine.
- 9Bake in preheated oven at 200°C (approximately 400°F) for 40-45 minutes.