Can you believe something so delicious is only 280 calories? This Carrot and Blackberry Hotcakes recipe will melt in your mouth. Don't believe us? Try it for yourself. This is one of our favorite recipe. Let us know your thoughts in the comments bel…
w. You can also give this recipe a star rating so others can follow along. We hope you love this Carrot and Blackberry Hotcakes recipe as much as we do! Happy Cooking!
- 2/3 cup white flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger (ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (ground)
- 1 pinch salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted)
- 1 carrot (shredded)
- 2 tablespoons cranberries (dried)
- honey (as desired, you can substitute with syrup)
- Grease a skillet with cooking spray and preheat to medium-high.
- Mix the white flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix the buttermilk, egg, and butter in a different bowl.
- Slowly pour the buttermilk mixture into the flour bowl and stir gently.
- Add the carrot and cranberries to the bowl and beat the mixture softly. Do not overbeat.
- Pour 1/4 cup dough on the skillet and let it cook until you see bubbles on its surface.
- Carefully turn the hotcake upside down and let it cook until its center feels solid when you prick it with a fork.
- Remove the hotcakes from the skillet and serve on a plate with honey on top.
|Calories280Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.