Incorporating flaky pastry, creamy fresh cheese, and sweet shredded carrot, these Carrot Puffs make a lovely light snack or appetizer. Make your own puff pastry or purchase pre-made puff pastry. Topped with poppy seeds, each puff pastry circle has a light crunch, making it the perfect base on which to spread the creamy carrot cream cheese mixture. Incorporating the sweet freshness of carrots, these Carrot Puffs are a great snack or appetizer when warm weather reigns.
- 8 servings
- 100 grams puff pastry
- 1 carrots
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 leaves chives
- 1 egg yolks
- white poppy seeds (to taste)
- poppy seeds (colored, to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Extend the puff pastry on a floured surface, and use a round cookie cutter to cut out 16 equal pieces.
- 3Putting the pieces of puff pastry on a baking tray lined with parchment paper
- 4Beat the egg yolk.
- 5Brush the dough with the yolk, and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- 6Bake for about 15 minutes.
- 7Remove from the oven, and cool on a grill.
- 8In a bowl, grate the carrot finely, and add scoops of cream cheese, stir well.
- 9Add chopped chives, and season pepper and lemon juice.
- 10Refrigerate the cheese mixture until serving.
- 11Put the cheese mixture in a bowl so guests can serve themselves, or make small sandwiches, as pictured.