Mashed boiled carrots are the starting point for this creamy, flavorful, and colorful pudding. The carrots are mixed with cornstarch (as a thickener), sugar, eggs, margarine, and ground cinnamon and baked in a Bundt pan for a festive shape. To help…
ensure easy unmolding, "grease" the pan with liquid caramel, which also imparts a bit of flavor to the pudding. If you can't find instant packages of this syrup in the baking aisle, you can brush the pan with softened margarine instead.
- 400 grams carrots
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 300 grams sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 50 grams margarine
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- caramel syrup (for greasing)
- In a pot of water, boil and cook the carrots with the cinnamon.
- When cooked, drain and mash the carrots.
- Mix the cornstarch and sugar.
- Mix with the mashed carrots.
- Add the lightly beaten eggs, cool melted margarine, and ground cinnamon.
- Stir well, and pour in bundt pan coated with caramel.
- Boil in the pressure cooker half full of water for approximately for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely in the pan.
- Serve cold.