All the flavor of carrot cake in a smooth custard pie. Your kids will have no idea there are vegetables hiding in this dessert. You can add more sugar syrup to this recipe in order to counter the carrot flavor.
- 600 grams carrots (peeled)
- 2.5 deciliters water
- 500 grams sugar
- 1 cinnamon sticks
- 100 grams flour
- 6 eggs
- 1 lemon
- sugar (for sprinkling)
- cinnamon (for sprinkling)
- Cook the carrots in boiling water. Once cooked, drain and puree.
- Let cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, add the water, sugar and cinnamon stick. Let the mixture boil until reaching the firm pearl stage (when you drip it off a spoon, the falling strand is bit thick and falls in a drop shape).
- When the sugar syrup is at this stage, remove from heat, and remove the cinnamon stick.
- Add the carrot puree, flour, eggs, and lemon juice.
- Stir very well with a whisk or in the blender.
- Grease a pie pan with butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- Pour the batter in the pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until set in the middle
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Once cool, sprinkle with cinnamon and powdered sugar.