- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 light brown sugar (packed)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter (plus more for griddle)
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup pecans (whole shelled)
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pinch salt
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Once combined, whisk in the vanilla, milk, egg and butter. Then stir in the shredded carrots. Set aside to let the batter rest.
- Preheat the griddle on your KitchenAid Commercial-Style Rangetop to 350 degrees F.
- Place all the ingredients for the candied pecans in a skillet. Set the skillet over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Shake the pan to coat the pecans and let them simmer for 5 minutes, gently tossing every minute. Then pour the candied pecans out of the skillet onto a sheet of parchment or wax paper. Separate the pecans with a wooden spoon and allow them to dry.
- Place the cream cheese in a small saucepot over medium-low heat. Move the cream cheese around the pot to start melting. Then slowly add 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup at a time, whisking thoroughly to slowly incorporate the syrup into the cream cheese. (If you dump all the syrup in at once, you’ll have chunks in your syrup.) Once all the syrup is blended smoothly into the cream cheese, keep over low heat to stay warm.
- Once the candied nuts and syrup are ready, start cooking the pancakes. Butter the griddle. Use a ¼ cup scoop to portion four pancakes onto the griddle. Cook 2-3 minutes per side. Flip when the edges start to look dry and firm. Once flipped, do not press the pancakes down with the spatula. Move the pancakes off the griddle and repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve the carrot pancakes hot with warm creamy syrup and candied pecans on top!
|Calories270Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jackie Keller 6 Jan
These tasted great, but they are very labor intensive. I had to prep everything the night before, and still struggled with having everything come together at the same time.
Gayle Potelicki 30 Dec 2018
Step 3 Connie -1 cup pecans (whole shelled) 1/3 cup light brown sugar (packed) teaspoons ground cinnamon 2 tablespoons water 1 pinch salt This is a wonderful change from the norm! Yummy