- 500 grams carrots (boiled and drained)
- 4 eggs (organic, at room temperature)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 chocolate (package)
- 12 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg yolk (fresh)
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Line the bottom of a cake pan with parchment paper and grease parchment paper with butter and dust with flour.
- Cook carrots in boiling water, drain, mash and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- Beat eggs and sugar in a bowl until mixture is smooth with bubbles on the surface.
- Add the carrots and mix well.
- Add oil, flour and baking powder.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan.
- Use a spatula to level the dough, so that it doesn't rise higher in the middle during baking.
- Bake in preheated oven on the middle rack for about 40 minutes.
- Test with a toothpick in center of pan.
- Once the toothpick comes out clean, remove cake from the oven.
- Let cake cool briefly before removing from pan.
- For the icing, mix all ingredients and beat well.
- Heat mixture briefly, so that egg yolk can cook.
- After removing cake from pan, coat cake with chocolate icing.
- Or, cut the cake in half, fill with the chocolate icing, place two halves together and cover with remaining chocolate.