This recipe for Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies is a wonderful twist on a nostalgic favorite. It takes 50 minutes to prepare these delicious treats that have only 140 calories per serving. This recipe makes 20 pies so feel free to bring them to the next party or special occasion. If you want to surprise your friends and family with your culinary skills, then try this hearty recipe that combines sweet cakes with creamy ingredients.
- 170 grams flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 60 grams butter (soft)
- 90 grams brown sugar
- 1 eggs
- 1 carrots (grated)
- 35 grams raisins
- 35 grams hazelnuts (kernels)
- 125 grams milk (fermented, or buttermilk)
- 80 grams Philadelphia Cream Cheese (at room temperature)
- 50 grams butter (soft)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 orange zest
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and a pinch of salt.
- In another bowl, mix the soft butter and brown sugar to form a ribbon, then add the egg. Mix, and then add the grated carrot, nuts, and raisins.
- Add alternately 1/3 of milk, and 1/3 of the flour mixture. Repeat twice.
- Stir well between each addition.
- Using a pastry bag, pipe small heaps of dough slightly spaced on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, let cool.
- In a bowl, whisk the butter and cream cheese, then add the maple syrup, sugar, and orange zest to obtain a light and homogeneous mixture.
- Spread cream on 1/2 a whoopie shell, and cover with the other half , gently pressing down.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- You may use whole milk if you do not have fermented milk.
|Calories140Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.