- 1 carrot (peeled and cut into 4-inch lengths, 1 cup shredded)
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cooking spray (or melted butter)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar (sifted)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Attach Fresh Prep Slicer/Shredder Attachment to KitchenAid® Stand Mixer, and attach medium shredding blade. Position large bowl under attachment to catch shredded carrots. Fill feed tube with carrots. Turn stand mixer to speed 6 and process. Spread shredded carrots out onto paper towel. Roll up and gently squeeze to soak up excess moisture.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar and cinnamon. Stir in coconut. In separate medium bowl, combine egg, buttermilk, butter and vanilla. Stir in carrots. Stir carrot mixture into dry ingredients until just combined.
- Remove Fresh Prep Slicer/Shredder Attachment from stand mixer and attach flat beater. Add cream cheese to stand mixer bowl and turn to speed 6, beating until smooth. Turn off stand mixer and add sifted powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons milk, sea salt, and vanilla. Turn stand mixer to speed 4 and combine ingredients.
- Heat griddle over medium heat. Coat with cooking spray or melt butter over griddle. Griddle is ready when a sprinkle of water dances on surface. Drop batter, 3 tablespoons at a time and cook until golden on each side, about 2 minutes. Repeat until all batter is used.
- Serve immediately with Cream Cheese Drizzle and additional powdered sugar, if desired.
PER SERVING *
|Calories250Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.