Hello there! It's my wife's favorite season of the year—Fall, and for some reason I too do love the little nip in the air, and start celebrating all things gourd and cinnamon. For that reason I woke up craving some pumpkin pancakes but we had no pum…
kin. So that was an issue. But guess what I did find some carrots! And one thing led to another and our family of three settled on Carrot Cake Pancakes! Woohoo!! Off we go!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded carrots (finely, squeezed well to get rid of excess water content)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (powder)
- 1/2 cup raisins (soaked in warm water for 10 mins)
- 1/4 cup grated coconut (optional)
- maple syrup (as desired)
- fruit (fresh, as desired)
- Sift the flour into a large bowl. Add the sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and powder and mix well.
- Break the egg into the bowl and give it a gentle mix. Now add the vanilla, coconut and carrots and mix again.
- Finally add the milk little by little, till you have cake batter like thick consistency. If you like your pancakes a bit thinner, just add a tiny bit more milk. But you want your batter to look thick and gooey. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat up a pan on medium high heat. When the pan gets hot, pour a 2-3" dollop of batter on the pan and leave it to spread around on it's own. it should spread out to a 5-6" pancake. Add 6-8 raisins on top, spread them around evenly.
- When you see bubbles forming on the top (in about 1-2 minutes) flip them, and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove pancakes and repeat for the rest of the batter.
- Carrot Cake Pancakes are done!
|Calories640Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.