- 200 grams white chocolate (or white candy melts)
- 100 grams whipped cream
- 275 grams softened butter
- 100 milliliters liqueur (Advocaat)
- 2 medium eggs
- 3 drops vanilla extract
- 400 grams brown sugar
- 275 grams plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground clove
- 1/4 grated nutmeg
- 3 large carrots (approx 300g, peeled and finely grated)
- 175 grams oatmeal (ground)
- To make the eggnog cream, gently bring the cream to a boil in a pan, then add the white chocolate or candy melts, stirring until melted. Add 1/4 cup butter, then the Advocaat, stirring constantly until thickened. Transfer to a bowl and cool completely. Cover and chill in the fridge overnight.
- To make the cookie dough, beat the remaining butter, eggs, vanilla extract and sugar for 3-4 mins. In a separate large bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg then gradually stir in the butter and egg mixture. Stir in the grated carrots and sift in the oat flour, also adding any pieces from the sieve. Chill the dough for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Spoon half of the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, making sure the spoonfuls are at least 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake 12-15 mins, let cool 10 mins, then place on a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- To assemble, spread the bottom of half of the cookies with a tsp of the eggnog cream, put a second cookie on top and press lightly.
PER SERVING *
|Calories220Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.