This Carrot Avocado Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette is like summer in a bowl. It is fresh, crisp, hearty, and aromatic. It takes 45 minutes to prepare this flavorful salad. This recipe combines aromatic spices and herbs with sweet and savory ingredients for a taste that is sensational. Serve with country bread. Sit on the back porch with your ice cold sweet tea and enjoy this bountiful harvest in the omfort of your favorite chair.
- 500 grams carrots
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 orange (cut into 2)
- 1 lemon (cut into 2)
- 2 avocados (ripe)
- olive oil
- wine vinegar
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 slices country bread
- 3 handfuls lettuce (mixed)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cook the peeled carrots, for 10 minutes in boiling water.
- Drain them and spread them on a baking sheet.
- With a mortar and pestle, crush cumin seeds, add salt, pepper, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 teaspoons of vinegar.
- Stir to coat the vegetables. Add the half-orange, lemon, cut side facing down.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cut the avocados in halves, then slice lengthwise.
- Remove the carrots from the oven and add the avocado slices.
- Squeeze the lemon and orange juice in a bowl.
- Add an equal amount of olive oil and some red wine vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper, and then pour over the avocados and carrots.
- Toss to coatl, taste and check the seasoning.
- Toast the slices of bread.
- In a large bowl, gently mix the vegetables, the lettuce and the toasted bread.
- Arrange in plates and garnish with sprouted seeds.