- 3 teaspoons horseradish (grated)
- 1 granny smith apple (cored and cut into thin sticks)
- 150 milliliters whipping cream (whipped until semi-stiff)
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 carp fillets (about 450g each, cut into strips)
- 750 grams carrots (peeled and cut into strips)
- 8 spring onions (cut into 4cm long chunks)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 15 grams fresh flat leaf parsley (little reserved for garnish, remainder finely chopped)
- orange slices
- pink peppercorns
- boiled potatoes (to serve)
- Fold the horseradish and apple into the cream. Set the mixture aside. Place the stock and vinegar in a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Add the carp and cook over a medium heat for 8 minutes.
- Blanch the carrots and spring onions in boiling salted water for 4 minutes. Drain. Melt the butter in a frying pan and fry the carrots and spring onions for 2 minutes. Drizzle with the orange juice and season with black pepper.
- Drain the carp and arrange on plates with the vegetables. Sprinkle with parsley and garnish with orange slices, pink peppercorns and the reserved parsley. Serve with the horseradish mixture and boiled potatoes.