This wholesome bread contains carob powder in lieu of unsweetened cocoa powder (which you could also use if you prefer) and a combination of black sesame seeds and flax seeds, plus a generous sprinkling of oats on the surface. When using a bread machine, make sure to follow the instructions in the owner's manual for the order in which the ingredients should be added, as this can vary by model.
- 310 milliliters milk (warm)
- 40 grams butter (soft)
- 40 grams sugar
- 400 grams wheat flour
- 35 grams carob powder
- 2 tablespoons dry yeast
- 1 1/2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flax seeds
- oats (to sprinkle)
- Place the ingredients in a bread machine pan in the order specified by the manufacturer.
- Set to the dough cycle.
- Place the dough in a grease a loaf pan.
- Cover with a clean cloth and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brush the surface of the bread with water and sprinkle with oats.
- Bake until cooked.