If you love the taste of chocolate but not the caffeine, then carob powder is a good alternative to cocoa powder in cooking. Here, carob powder is combined with wheat flour, yeast, butter, sugar, egg, and milk to make delicious scones. The dough com…
s together quickly and there's no need to allow it to rise before shaping into balls and baking. Avoid overmixinng the dough for the best results. Serve the scones still warm from the oven.
- 200 grams wheat flour
- 25 grams carob flour
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 20 grams sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 6 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Sift the flours with the salt and the yeast.
- Add butter, sugar, egg, and milk, mixing with your fingertips, without kneading.
- Shape it into little balls and place them on a greased baking tray.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm with butter and homemade jams.