Carnitas—Spiced Pork MeatMadeleine Cocina
Flip the switch on mama's carnitas! This recipe is for Carnitas—Spiced Pork Meat. This delicious and flavorful recipe only contains ingredients. It's not only delicious but good for you! Don't believe us? Try this Carnitas—Spiced Pork Meat recipe for yourself. Let us know your thoughts about this recipe in our comments below. Or give this recipe a star rating! It's great to share your thoughts with others! Happy Cooking!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 600 grams meat (pork rib)
- 600 grams meat (pork leg)
- 1/2 onions
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 3 bay leaves
- 10 black peppercorns
- 1 orange (cut into 8 pieces)
- 1 cup milk
- salt (as much as you like)
- 1Cut all of the meat into small strips.
- 2Place a large pot on the stove over medium heat and pour in the olive oil.
- 3Add the meat into the pot and let it cook for 8 minutes, making sure to stir the meat every few seconds.
- 4Once the meat is lightly cooked, add the onion and continue cooking the meat for another 8 minutes.
- 5Add all of the spices into the pot (oregano, thyme, bay leaf, peppercorns) and the milk, orange, and salt. Mix everything well and then cook over low–medium heat for 20 minutes, covered.
- 6Once the 20 minutes have passed, uncover the pot, turn up the heat and let the remaining liquid evaporate. During this time you may remove the orange slices, bay leaf, and onion.
- 7Once the liquid has evaporated serve the meat on a plate. You may serve over flour tortillas, alone, or with a salad.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1040Calories from Fat760|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat760|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.