- 1 1/2 pounds yuca (frozen)
- 3 tablespoons knorr reduc sodium chicken flavor bouillon
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 ounces ground chicken
- 1 onions (small, chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon capers (small, rinsed, drained and chopped)
- vegetable oil (additional, for frying)
- Cook yuca according to package directions. Drain and mash then stir in 2 tablespoons Knorr® Reduced Sodium Chicken flavor Bouillon; set aside. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook chicken and onion about 4 minutes, until onion is tender, breaking up chicken with wooden spoon. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon Bouillon and remaining ingredients except oil and yuca and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 3 minutes or until water is evaporated, stirring occasionally. Mixture should be moist but not wet. Let cool slightly. Shape cooked yuca into sixteen balls, then flatten. Evenly spoon chicken mixture onto centers of yuca, then close yuca around filling to form oval shapes. Heat oil over medium-high heat and cook fritters, a few at at time, about 3 minutes, until golden, turning occasionally; drain on paper towels. Serve immediately. TIP: Wet fingers to prevent yuca from sticking.
|Calories80Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.