- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (divided)
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 1 onions (medium, chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (finely grated)
- 1 cup pineapple chunks (fresh or canned)
- 2 cups cauliflower florets (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 3 teaspoons curry powder (divided)
- 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) Ragu® Old World Style® Pasta Sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 cups cooked brown rice (hot, or white rice)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Season chicken with 1 teaspoon curry powder, salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in deep 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium high heat and cook chicken, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until almost cooked. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet and cook onion with remaining 2 teaspoons curry powder over medium heat, stirring frequently, 4 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in garlic and ginger and cook 30 seconds. Stir in cauliflower and pineapple and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Stir in Pasta Sauce and simmer 10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Stir in chicken and simmer 2 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with hot rice.
|Calories550Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Gregory C. 3 Mar 2016
Definitely make it again. Kids ate all of of the cauliflower. Hot Donna very much enjoyed the meal..