- 1/2 pound wild rice (long grain and, about 1 1/4 cups)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 white fish fillets (chunky, such as cod or halibut, skinned, each about 1/3 lb)
- 15 ounces red kidney beans (drained)
- 2/3 pound celery (sliced)
- 2 limes (zested and juiced)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 red chili (deseeded and finely chopped)
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- lime wedges (to serve)
- Put the rice in a saucepan with 2 1/4 cups boiling water. Add a little salt and cook gently for 15-20 mins until the rice is tender and the water has evaporated.
- Meanwhile, season the flour with paprika and salt then use to coat the pieces of fish. Melt the butter with the 1 tbsp canola oil in a sauté pan and cook the fish for 2-3 mins on each side until cooked through.
- Drain off any excess liquid from the rice, if necessary, and mix with the beans and celery. Add the lime zest, lime juice, sugar, chili, 6 tablespoons of the oil and salt to taste. Pile onto the lettuce leaves on serving plates and top with the fish. Serve with lime wedges.