- 2 boneless pork chops (cut into 3/4-inch cubes)
- 1 tablespoon caribbean-style rub
- 10 ounces couscous
- 2 cups water (boiling)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried cherry
- 4 green onions (sliced)
- 2 orange (peeled and sliced)
- 1 cucumber (medium, sliced)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 orange
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons pecans (chopped)
- In plastic bag, shake together the pork cubes and Caribbean rub to evenly coat the pork. Skewer pork and grill over medium-hot fire for 8 minutes, turning occasionally to brown evenly.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl combine couscous and boiling water and 1/2 teaspoon salt; let sit 5 minutes. Stir cherries and green onions into couscous. Arrange cucumber slices around the edge of four dinner plates; equally portion couscous mixture onto plates; topping with orange slices and pork cubes.
- Stir together oil, orange juice, orange zest, brown sugar; season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over salads and garnish each salad with some chopped pecans.
- *Or combine 4 teaspoons ground allspice, 1 tablespoon each dried thyme and paprika, 1 teaspoon each cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.