- 4 New York pork chops (top loin, 3/4-inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (freshed cracked)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (OR light mayonnaise)
- 1 teaspoon chipotles in adobo (minced)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest (grated)
- 4 Ciabatta rolls (sliced in half horizontally)
- lettuce leaves
- tomatoes (slices)
- Combine the salt, pepper, cumin and allspice in a small bowl. Rub onto both sides of the pork chops. Cover and refrigerate at least 20 minutes.
- Prepare medium-hot fire in charcoal or preheat gas grill to medium high. Pat chops dry and grill over a medium-hot fire, turning once, until just done, about 8-9 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Transfer chops to a cutting board. Cover loosely with foil; let rest 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, chipotle pepper, lime rind and juice in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread 1 to 2 tablespoons mayonnaise mixture on top half of rolls. Cut pork into thin slices and place on rolls. Add lettuce leaf and tomato slices if desired.