Caribbean Citrus PorkPork
Add a bit of the island flavor to your roast with this citrus marinade. Serve with Honey-Glazed Sweet Potatoes and Citrus Green Bean Salad.
- 2 1/2 pounds pork loin roast (boneless)
- 1 green bell pepper (medium, cut into 8 wedges)
- 1 onions (medium, quartered)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Using long-tined meat fork or skewer, pierce pork roast deeply all over. Place roast in a gallon-size, self-sealing plastic bag. For marinade, combine bell pepper, onion, orange juice, lime juice, garlic, cumin, hot pepper sauce and allspice in blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Remove and refrigerate (amount for sauce later). Pour remaining over roast; seal bag. Refrigerate for 6-12 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- 2Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Remove roast from marinade, discard marinade; refrigerate reserved marinade. Sprinkle roast with salt and black pepper. Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Roast, uncovered, 40 minutes to 1 hour until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from oven; let rest about 10 minutes before slicing.
- 3Meanwhile, combine reserved marinade, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt in medium saucepan. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly, stirring occasionally. Serve with pork.
PER SERVING *
|Calories270Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.