The wonderful part about Cardoon with Codfish is that it is versatile and hearty. It is a wonderful base for any dish and the texture adds so much to a meal. This recipe for Cardoon with Codfish is rich and flavorful. If you are searching for a fish dish that is creamy, packed with nutrients and has a hearty flavor, then try this meal. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy it as much as we do.
- 0.5 kilograms cardoons (approximately)
- 2 pieces codfish (unsalted)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 200 milliliters milk
- toasted almonds
- extra-virgin olive oil
- boiled quail eggs (optional)
- chili powder (Ground, optional)
- Carefully peel tough outer leaves and chop cardoon.
- Cook cardoon in plenty of boiling water for about 30 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Peel and chop garlic.
- Heat plenty of oil in a skillet and sauté garlic.
- Add cardoon to pan with garlic and sauté briefly.
- Sprinkle flour and mix.
- Whisk in milk and continue to stir and cook until sauce thickens.
- Shred cod and add to the cardoon mixture.
- Chop almonds and add to mixture.
- Simmer for about 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt.
- To serve, arrange with quail eggs and dust with ground chili powder, if desired.