Finding the perfect dinner when you are craving a decadent dish that will be hearty and healthy is sometimes hard to find. This dish for Cardoon with Almond Sauce and Prawns is sweet, savory and hearty. Be sure to pick up these ingredients the next time you go shopping so you can surprise your family and friends with a delicious dinner this week. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this dish as much as we do.
- 2 bunches cardoons (about 800 gr.)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 200 grams peeled prawns
- 1 handful sliced almonds
- Clean the cardoon well, peeling it to remove the threads. Chop up and boil in plenty of water for 40 minutes. When done, drain and save the cooking water.
- Cover the bottom of a large skillet with oil and fry the sliced garlic. Add the drained cardoon and 1 tablespoon flour. Stir to toast the flour and add the prawns and part of the broth from cooking the cardoon to produce a thick sauce.
- Just before removing from heat, add the sliced almonds.
- Season with salt and pink pepper.